Friday 15 February 2013

FASHION: RIHANNA & RITA ORA ROCK ‘TOM BOY CHIC’ LOOK, BUT TEYANA TAYLOR SAYS SHE STARTED IT..

The Tom Boy Chic look is back in full force and Teyana Taylor is claiming that she started the trend. With singers like Rihanna and Rita Ora rocking the look now, she says no one can say she wasn’t doing it first… Hmmmm, I guess she forgot about Aaliyah, TLC, etc. Whatever the case, peep what the 21 year-old said during her Complex Magazine interview..

IN TEYANA's words:
“I do feel like I influence a lot of artists. But the way I look at it is not in a negative way. I love them. When I came in the game, it wasn’t okay to be a girl and wear sneakers and hats and streetwear. They called me gay. Now the tomboy thing, it’s sexy. Rihanna and Rita Ora are fly and sexy. I’m happy I was able to pave that way. I love seeing our artists dressed like that. You ain’t gay if you throw on sneakers and a hat. Nobody can take that away from me and say, “Oh, she didn’t start that trend.” They all know. I’ve always been about this life and mixing kicks with high fashion on some ghetto chic shit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment