Friday 12 December 2014

#NewObsession………. Exfoilating

A couple of years back I never really cared about my skin to be honest. I only thought if I used fair and white cream and soap that was enough skin care. Now fast forward to 2014 just right after the world cup rounded up in Brazil, I had a brief stopover in South Africa on my way back to Nigeria and I took time out to visit a spa. Now in all my life never have I ever seen the need for a Spa or why people even waste money on skin treatment. In my head it was cancerous LOL.

Bear in mind that my reason for going to the spa was sorely because I had neck cramps due to my long hours of flying and I just wanted a body massage (No Treatments). And this was how I discovered the beauty and the calm that came with the massage, but even this wasn’t my glorious moment although I actually did sleep off and the masseuse literarily had to wake me up to go to my room, LOL, village girl that had never been to a spa LMAO.

Now whilst she was massaging me she made mention of the fact that my skin kept soaking up all her oil and how dry it was. And then she asked me if I exfoliate and I said no. reason being the very first time I tried a scrub it literally peeled my face off, saw results like 1 day after I used it. It burnt my face, so I was scared for life and I thought that any form of skin peeling was harmful.
She then told me I probably suffered allergies from the product content and that she would recommend something mild and harmless for me and I should try to exfoliate at least once a week or once in two weeks. So I brought the product home to Nigeria and I have used it ever since. (Elemis)

Now lemme run through to quick benefits of exfoliating and how to create your very own home remedy.

Apart from the fact that it leaves your skin smooth and soft, here are a couple more reasons to try exfoliation

  •       It helps rejuvenate your skin. Whether you have dry, normal or oliy skin, exfoliation can bring new life to your complexion
  •    Foot calluses develop due to daily pressure from work outs, walking and waering fashionable uncomfortable shoes. But after a little apricot scrub and pumice stone your feet will feel soft and smooth and ready to go. #DON’TTRYTHISONYOURFACETHOUGH
  •          Exfoliation removes dead skin cells from the surface of the epidermis
  •         It keeps pores from being clogged thereby diminishing their appearance.
  •      Removal of dead skin cells further speed up the renewal process thereby allowing smoother, healthier skin cells to take their place.
  •       Skin Detoxification
  •        Kills bacteria and prevents breakouts
  •         Reduces fine lines as well as damage from the sun
  •        Evens out your skin tone

HOW CREATE YOUR OWN HOME REMEDY
Common Ingredients include: sugar, salt, honey, coconut oil, oatmeal, lemon, baking soda even coffee some people even use toothpaste or rice, I don't anyway. Most of them you already have in your kitchen or bathroom.


I would explain the coconut oil, lemon, salt scrub because that's the one I use anyway.

  • Place coconut oil in a bowl. if you don't have coconut oil you can use olive oil. It will serve as your moisturizer Nourishes the skin.
  • Pack a handful of salt and mix with the oil (Don't use salt for your face! it's too harsh)
  • You could also add your fragrance oils if you want your skin to smell great, But it is not a compulsory step
  • Then you squeeze your lemons into it, and stir. lemons increase the cleansing properties of the scrub
  • Stir evenly and store in a cool place.
Oil based scrubs will leave your skin feeling very soft with slight residue of oil. This is extremely effective for dry skin types.

APPLICATION
To use just wet your skin, pack a handful of your scrub and apply evenly and scrub your body as you do so. When you are satisfied, you rinse off! and voila! your skin feels refreshed. Apply moisturizing cream. #THANKMELATER




No comments:

Post a Comment