Monday 15 December 2014

Beach Essentials........

Hey Dolls! How did you spend your weekend? Well mine was awesome. Me and the girls got together and went to the beach. La'Campagne Tropicana in Epe to be precise, for those who don't know, Epe is somewhere close to Ogun State but people there "claim" to live in Lagos (*insert dry laugh*). Anyway it was a fun weekend. I went from the beach to the Headies awards show at Eko Hotel which rounded off at about 4.30am and at 9am this morning I was back at the office brainstorming about television production. Talk about being super woman *pats self on the back*. Now I know some people are already wondering what the main post here is. Well I am getting to it! Today I want to focus on appropriate beach wear but before I get into it I will post my get up to the beach.
Dress: H&M, Bag: River Island , Hat: Primark, Watch: Micheal Kors

So you know how Nigerians are extremely confused and how we were dinner dresses to the beach and beach dresses to dinner. Well I will like to educate in my own way essentials that you need when going to the beach.




  • You definitely need a fabulous beach bag
  • A really nice pair of flip flops
  • Beach hats are extremely important as you can see in my picture they protect you from the sun. This is a cardinal rule.
  • A pair of sunglasses, this of course is essential for any outdoor trip
  • A power pack to charge your phone! Yep! your battery will die after taking so many pictures Lol. I am speaking from experience
  • Your swimsuit just in-case you want to get wet.
  • Sarongs to go with the bikini
  • Make sure you use waterproof mascara, trust me my mascara was running down my cheeks in the pool.
  • Then maybe an ipod in-case you decide you want to sunbathe but this is not necessarily Nigerian culture but just thought to throw that in there.
  • After sun moisturizer to bring your skin back to life after the water and sun dries it out
  • Now this is the most important! Leave in conditioner for your hair! The water totally ruined my hair had to straighten and blow dry after I left the beach before I could go for the headies and still my hair is a mess today. I will treat it once I get home though
  • You need comfortable and light clothing for the beach, don't get carried away
  • PS: You are not a beach babe if you do not have a mat.
Check out more pictures below. FYI I didn't post any bikini pictures LOL. Too shy.
Comment and tell me your favourite beach essentials! XOXO 



No comments:

Post a Comment